Proposed Regulation Change: Emergency Circumstances Practice Class of Registration – Consultation
Provide Your Feedback:
Submit your feedback by April 10, 2023.
Learn more about CPSO’s consultation process here.
Join our mailing list and be notified of all future policy consultations.
The government recently amended the Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991 (RHPA) to require health regulatory colleges to make regulations creating an emergency class of registration. The government has set out the drafting requirements for this class of registration in Section 5 of the Ontario Regulation 508/22 (Registration Requirements) under the RHPA.
To fulfill the government’s requirements, CPSO has drafted amendments to Ontario Regulation 865/93 (Registration) under the Medicine Act, 1991, setting out a new Emergency Circumstances Practice class of registration. The proposed amendments outline a mechanism for issuing licenses where emergency circumstances exist, for example, when typical registration requirements, such as examinations, are disrupted.
The draft regulation amendments specify the following:
- When the class is available for registration
- The minimum requirements that must be met to qualify for this class of registration
- The length of issuance and when the certificate expires
- How members of this class can transition to an independent practice certificate
Post your comments on our online discussion page
Have your say:
We want to hear your thoughts on the proposed regulation amendments. For example, we’re interested to know:
- Are the requirements and conditions of the proposed class of registration clear and appropriate?
- Are there issues not addressed in the draft regulation that should be addressed?
- How else could the draft regulation be improved?
Please provide your feedback by April 10, 2023.
Your feedback is important to us. Your comments will be carefully reviewed and used to help us evaluate the draft regulation. CPSO Council will ultimately determine the final submission to be sent to government for approval.
Thank you for participating!